Skip Navigation
Welcome to the official website for Harwich, MA
This table is used for column layout.
Harwich Town Seal
  • About Harwich
  • Town Departments
  • Town Calendars
  • Board of Selectmen
  • Boards & Committees
  • Agendas & Minutes
  • Reports, Data, Documents & Maps
  • Permits & Licensing
  • Community Links
  • Online Payments
  • Channel 18
  • Assessor's Searchable Database
  • Opportunities
  • Send Us Comments
  • Subscribe to News
  • Home Page

Conservation Department
Contact TypeContact Information
, Conservation Agent
, Executive Assistant
732 Main St. 
Harwich ,MA 02645 
Monday: 8:30AM to 8:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday: 8:30AM to 4:00PM
Friday: 8:30AM to NOON

Walk-in Agent hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM - 9:15 AM or by appointment.

Conservation Commission meetings are held the first and third Tuesdays of each month beginning at 6:30. Click on the Conservation Commission link for more information.

The Conservation Agent may be contacted for any questions pertaining to wetlands, specific projects, assistance with applications, or Commission jurisdictional issues.

The Conservation Department primarily provides staff support to the Harwich
Conservation Commission who is responsible for administering the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (M.G.L. Ch131, s 40), its regulations (310 CMR 10), and the Harwich Wetlands Protection Regulations pursuant to the authority granted under the  Harwich Wetland Protection Bylaw.  In addition, the Conservation Department supports efforts of the Conservation Commission in the oversight and the administration of town-owned conservation lands.

The Harwich Conservation Commission is a volunteer board of 7 citizens of Harwich who are appointed to three year terms by the Board of Selectmen.  In addition there are 3 associate non-voting member positions.  If you are interested in serving your community in this manner, please contact the Selectmen's Office or to inquire further about any of the positions, contact the conservation office.

IF YOU WISH TO PERFORM WORK IN OR NEAR A RESOURCE AREA as defined in the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act G.L. c. 131 § 40 or the Town of Harwich Wetlands Bylaw, information and applications can be found in the Downloadable Forms link.

IF YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE MAY BE WORKING IN OR NEAR A RESOURCE ARE WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION, please phone the Conservation Agent with precise who, what, when details or fill out the Complaint Form and send by mail, FAX or email to the Conservation Agent.

For more information on specific topics, follow the below links

Additional Links:
Link to PageLink to PageLink to Page
Virtual Towns & Schools Website