Harwich Youth Counselor
Sheila House, MS
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
The Albro House
728 Main Street
(The big white house next to Town Hall)
Sheila House is a Masters Level Clinical Mental Health Counselor, licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. She is a member of the American Counseling Association, The National Board for Certified Counselors, and the Massachusetts Mental Health Counselor’s Association.
Sheila works year-round as an independent agent of the town to support the mental health needs of Harwich Youth and their families. In this role, she also consults with the Harwich Schools to provide the most comprehensive services possible. Her role as Youth Counselor includes the following components:
· therapeutic counseling and support for Harwich Youth, ages 11-18 years, FREE OF CHARGE (6-10 weeks)
· parent coaching and support
· a referral source for counselors, psychiatrists, substance abuse counselors and treatment centers, and medical resources in the community
· crisis intervention, assessment and referral
· prevention programs for youth-at-risk
· networking with community resources that support Harwich Youth and their families
Sheila sees clients in her office at The Albro House at 728 Main Street in Harwich. Please feel free to stop by and see Sheila or contact her with any questions you might have. Sheila is available full-time, year –round and counseling hours are available during summer and school vacations.