Harwich Middle School Rental Information
Harwich Middle School
The Harwich Middle School was originally built in 1937, and then expanded and renovated in 1990. With the formation of the Monomoy Regional School District (Chatham and Harwich), this facility has become surplus now that the new Monomoy High School Facility is operational.
Our mission is to repurpose the Harwich Middle School as rental space for groups and individuals to engage in recreational, social, educational, cultural, community service, civic and governmental activities.
For more information about renting a space in the middle school, or to make a rental request, please contact the Harwich Community Center Director, Carolyn Carey, at 508-430-7568 OR by emailing her at: CCarey@town.harwich.ma.us
Hours of Operation
Spaces are available to rent Monday through Saturday for daily, weekly or monthly fees.
The Harwich Middle School has a total of 88 parking spaces, including 6 disability parking spaces. Further disability parking spaces may be designated for special events.
**Please note that there is NO phone service or internet connection available at the Harwich Middle School**
In order to rent space at the Harwich Middle School, one must fill out and submit an Application for Room Use (available at the Harwich Community Center Front Desk). When renting space for multiple dates, one application must be filled out for each month of use. Space will not be reserved until applications and Room Use Fees are received. All reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are subject to review and approval by the Harwich Community Center Director.
- All reservations are made based on availability of building space.
- Room fees shall be paid by all groups other than Harwich town employees.
- Additional set-up fees may be required
- All checks shall be made payable to the Town of Harwich.
- Fees are non-refundable, and are made to the Town of Harwich to cover expenses related to heating, air conditioning, electricity, cleaning, and supervision of building during use.
**For any renters providing services to clients, both for-profit and non-profit, the following documents must be provided prior to the beginning of the rental:
- A business license or professional license as applicable
- A certificate of insurance naming the Town of Harwich as also insured for $1,000,000
- A completed