Harwich Drinking Water Protection Districts (in red)
Updated by DEP 2014
Produced by GIS Department Cape Cod Commission October 2015
That area of an aquifer which contributes water to a well under the most severe pumping and recharge conditions that can realistically be anticipated as defined in Massachusetts Drinking Water Regulations, 310 CMR 22.02
My property is in the Red Zone. What does that mean?
Zone II areas are subject to NITROGEN LOADING LIMITATIONS
What if I am NOT in the red zone but use a private well for drinking water?
Properties with private wells are also subject to NITROGEN LOADING LIMITATIONS.
MA DEP guidelines on the topic:
PRIVATE Wells for Drinking Water on residential lots are subject to these limitations also.
- Applications and Forms
- Avian Flu Information
- Cape Cod Tick Testing Program
- Current Hot Topics
- Drinking Water Protection Area
- Emergency Management and Planning
- Feedback Form / Questionnaire
- Food Service and Food Safety
- Go to Board of Health Page
- Household Hazardous Waste Information
- Information about Radon
- Living with Wildlife!
- Online Property Information
- Permit Fees
- Regulations of the Board of Health
- Septic Systems and Title 5
- Summer Camp Information
- Useful Links
- Water Quality - Bathing Beaches