Find out more about the 2016 Cape Cod Oral Rabies Vaccination Program. The USDA will be distributing bait containing the rabies vaccine throughout the upper Cape to inocculate wildlife against the disease.
Wild animals accounted for 92% of reported cases of rabies in Massachusetts in 2010. Raccoons continued to be the most frequently reported rabid wildlife species (44.5% of all animal cases during 2010), followed by foxes (37.0%), skunks (30.0%), woodchucks (10.8%), bats (2.1%), and cats (1.1%).
- Applications and Forms
- Avian Flu Information
- Cape Cod Tick Testing Program
- Current Hot Topics
- Drinking Water Protection Area
- Emergency Management and Planning
- Feedback Form / Questionnaire
- Food Service and Food Safety
- Go to Board of Health Page
- Household Hazardous Waste Information
- Information about Radon
- Living with Wildlife!
- Online Property Information
- Permit Fees
- Regulations of the Board of Health
- Septic Systems and Title 5
- Summer Camp Information
- Useful Links
- Water Quality - Bathing Beaches