New Food Establishment

-A A +A

Are you planning a NEW Food Establishment business?

Before you start filling your shelves with food...make sure to make an appointment with the Health Inspector to discuss your business plan and get properly permitted. All new businesses that wish to sell any type of food must be licensed by the Board of Health. The licensing process can be long, taking more than a month in most cases.  

We highly recommend that you visit with other pertinent departments within Town Hall before you apply to the Health Department to make sure your business will be permitted in the zone you wish to be in.

Mobile Food Vendors are considered a food establishment, and must fill out the Mobile Food Application and Packet. New vendors must complete the application packet and be approved by the Board of Health at a regularly scheduled meeting before operating.

A complete application with a plan review packet  must be submitted and reviewed with the Health Inspector before your business can operate. Additionally, the Board of Health must review and approve the application at a regularly scheduled meeting before your license will be issued. These meetings take place once per month, so plan accordingly.