Ad Hoc Harwich Port Noise Containment Committee
Selectmen’s Library-732 Main Street Harwich
Tuesday, December 3, 2019-5:30 pm
- Call to Order
Recording & Taping Notification-As required by law, the Town may audio or video record this meeting.Any person intending to either audio or video record this open session is required to inform the Chair.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Minutes 11/12/19 meeting
- Does noise bylaw apply to the Wychmere and Wequassett venues
- How are Entertainment Licenses granted
- Penalty timeframe for noise bylaw violation
- NEW BUSINESS
- Determine Secretary for next meeting
- Discuss any correspondence received from business/community members
- Discuss legal definition of “Plainly Audible” as defined by Harwich Town Counsel
- Discuss Music Noise Controller (info. Supplies by Bob Nickerson)
- What types of sound systems and sound system placement for outdoor music venues are affordable and make sense
- Finalize recommendation on number of performers allowed and types of instruments not allowed at outdoor music venues
- Finalize recommendation on what nights will be acoustic music only at outdoor music venues
- Decide if outdoor music venues will stop music at 9:00pm on Harwich stroll nights
- Resident reporting options…directly to the business, how will this be accomplished?
- Discuss outdoor music venues that are compliant, but still receive a noise complaint because of the way sound can travel…how will this work?
- Next Meeting Date
- Future Agenda
- Public Comment